- The Executive Committee of the Directors is responsible for seeking/evaluating and recommending either;
- Portfolio Investments (i.e. in Shares/ Securities etc. (Fresh Issues or Market Purchase) or Financial claims); or
- Investment in New Projects (either equity based or loan based); or
- Joint Ventures; or
- Investment in Intangibles (Goodwill/ Trade Marks/ Patents etc.)
Moreover, Executive Committee ensures that Proposed Investments are set out in Treet Group’s vision and Strategic domain.
It is Treet Group’s policy not only to utilize funds efficiently but also to seek funds from the cheapest source(s).
Treet Group advertently evaluates, from time to time, different funding options for;
- Working Capital Requirements (including import/export financing)
- Medium Term Rollovers/Capital Requirements
- Long Term Project Based Requirements
These funding options may include;
- Internally Generated Funds*
- Bank Borrowings (Short Term as well as Long Term)
- Trade & Sundry Credits
- Debt Instruments (Commercial Papers/ Bonds/ TFC etc.) issued to Institutions or Public in general
- Subordinate- Debts
- Leasing (Operating as well as Capital)
- Equity Financing etc.
*This includes Intra-Treet Group resource sharing. Corporate strategy (by the parent Company i.e. Treet Corporation Limited) will seek to develop synergies by sharing and coordinating staff and other resources across business units, investing financial resources across business units, and using business units to complement other corporate business activities.
Moreover, the above funding options may augment other ancillary financial products (i.e. derivatives like shares options etc.).
The companies in Treet Group in general meeting may declare dividends; but no dividend shall exceed the amount recommended by the directors; and
- No dividend shall be declared or paid by a Company for any financial year out of the profits of the Company made from the sale or disposal of any immovable property or assets of a capital nature comprised in the undertaking or any of the undertaking of the Company; and
- No dividend shall be paid by a Company otherwise than out of profits of the Company; and
- The Board may approve and pay to the Members such interim dividends as appears to be justified by the profits of the Company; and
- The Board may, before recommending any dividend, set aside out of the profits of the Company, such sums as they think proper as a reserve(s), which shall, at the discretion of the Board, be applicable for meeting contingencies etc.; and
- Company’s dividend decision will be auxiliary to Company’s Financing Policy
Dividend Policy for First Treet Manufacturing Modaraba
Not less than 90% of the net income in respect of the Modaraba’s business [non-trading] activities, determined after setting aside the mandatory reserves as per Prudential Regulations for Modaraba, is to be distributed at least once in every year to the certificate holders in proportion to the number of certificates held by them. Distribution will be in the form of cash dividend. No dividend shall be paid otherwise than out of the profits of the Modaraba for the year or any other distributed profits.